The Savings of Retro-Commissioning are Strong in RestaurantsJul 05, 2013
If you are a restaurant owner, you understand how much money it takes to keep your business running. Operating a restaurant can be a struggle because of the large amount of money that is often required for factors such as:
- Expensive HVAC systems to keep your property comfortable,
- The power-up of cooking equipment,
- The twenty-four hour refrigeration process,
- The costs that come from even the lighting.
Operating a restaurant involves a great deal of investment in all of these areas and more. This is why retro-commissioning your property is often a very good option for restaurant owners to make their businesses more cost-effective and easier to operate.
The cost-savings that come from retro-commissioning are important because they can help you avoid having to spend more money than is necessary on your operational costs. As a building gets older, it becomes increasingly more inefficient in its energy use, and equipment and systems wear out. Retro-commissioning rectifies this by testing and updating existing equipment. A typical restaurant could save around $5,000 to $10,000 a year on utility costs depending on the size of the business being treated.
The retro-commissioning services available in the Kansas City-area can provide excellent cost-saving solutions for your business. Here are some examples of how retro-commissioning can work for restaurants:
- Retro-commissioning often entails new HVAC systems that are made with high-efficiency devices in mind. The Mixx restaurant is one place in Kansas City that had its HVAC system replaced in the retro-commissioning process.
- Waste management procedures are also being checked in order to keep places from not only being stuck with unhealthy and harmful materials, but also to keep them from dealing with serious fees or legal issues. The Mixx particularly followed suit with new fire suppression systems and grease ducts all around the property.
- Solar panels are being added to some buildings to help make them compliant with energy usage standards. The Crayola Café, a popular children’s restaurant, is a good example of a place that uses solar panels.
Waste management materials may also be added to a site to keep the waste in a property from being more of a burden than necessary. Waste management typically involves getting old garbage disposals to work appropriately with clear drains and efficient devices to keep them operating well.
- Sometimes the appliances in the workplace just might be the key to making it all run correctly. Appliances may be tuned or replaced altogether depending on the condition.
The specific strategies that retro-commissioning uses in order to keep the operating systems in a restaurant running well do vary, but in the end they all are intended to make it easier for the restaurant to operate appropriately.